Parish Walking and Wildlife Group
Covering the parish of Wrestlingworth and Cockayne Hatley, Bedfordshire
The Parish Walking & Wildlife Group was founded in 2010 with the aim of:
- Encouraging villagers of all ages to appreciate and enjoy the rural countryside in which we live.
- Maintaining the parish rights of way in good condition by regularly walking them and highlighting any concerns to landowners and / or responsible authorities or carrying out maintenance and improvements as appropriate.
- Promoting conducted local walks led by specialists in various fields such as bird watching, moths and butterflies and wild flowers to give greater opportunities to enjoy the countryside.
- Maintaining a record of notable natural history events in the parish.
- Locating areas of special interest within the Parish which might become mini nature reserves.
- Organising at least one walk a month.
- Protecting the local environment.
PWWG recognised in CPRE Awards
See Nature Reserve page for details.