Parish Walking and Wildlife Group
Covering the parish of Wrestlingworth and Cockayne Hatley, Bedfordshire
“The PWWG, while supporting renewable energy, believes that solar panels should be on roofs rather than impacting the habitat of threatened wildlife and productive farmland”
The Parish Walking & Wildlife Group was founded in 2010 with the aim of:
- Encouraging villagers of all ages to appreciate and enjoy the rural countryside in which we live.
- Maintaining the parish rights of way in good condition by regularly walking them and highlighting any concerns to landowners and / or responsible authorities or carrying out maintenance and improvements as appropriate.
- Promoting conducted local walks led by specialists in various fields such as bird watching, moths and butterflies and wild flowers to give greater opportunities to enjoy the countryside.
- Maintaining a record of notable natural history events in the parish.
- Locating areas of special interest within the Parish which might become mini nature reserves.
- Organising at least one walk a month.
- Protecting the local environment.
PWWG recognised in CPRE Awards
See Nature Reserve page for details.